Our state-of-the-art hospital allows us to provide exceptional wellness and preventative medicine, dental care, medical services, surgical services, laser therapy, acupuncture, and much more. With our advanced diagnostic capabilities and experienced staff, we provide state-of-the-art care for your canine, feline, and pocket pet family.
Get Started Today
To request an appointment, please complete the online new client form. We look forward to meeting you and your pet family!
Welcome to Confederate Woods Veterinary Hospital. We would love to provide care to your furry and feathered family members! We know that choosing the right veterinarian is an important decision. Let us show you how our pet care is second to none.
Easy Pet Record Transfer
At Confederate Woods, we take care of everything for you. Just complete our online new client form or download and bring a completed record transfer form with you to your first visit. Any questions, just give us a call at 717-610-6223.
If you’d prefer, you can also call the office to make an appointment or to learn more about our services. If you’d prefer, you can download a copy of our new client form to and bring a completed copy with you to your first visit.
Why Choose Confederate Woods?
- We’ve been family owned since 1980 and continue to be involved in and give back to the community that supports us.
- Our friendly and experienced staff strive to make each visit an exceptional one. Our goal is to provide the very best care to our patients and outstanding service to our clients.
- Our team of highly skilled and compassionate doctors have over 35 years of combined experience and can provide your pet with the highest quality care.
- We care for our patients in our brand new state-of-the-art hospital with specialized diagnostic tools, including digital x-ray, ultrasound, and a full-service in-hospital laboratory.
- Scheduling an appointment and requesting prescriptions is easy with our website forms and Pet Portal! You can also choose to have appointment reminders sent via e-mail or text message.
- We not only see your family dog or cat but also your pocket pet as well!
- We understand your time is valuable and offer evening and Saturday appointments to meet your busy schedule.
Your First Visit to Confederate Woods
Working with New Clients
As a new client of Confederate Woods Veterinary Hospital, you may have some questions before your first visit with us.
Our staff will review your pet’s information and previous medical records. Once checked in, you can access our free Wi-fi or watch television on our large flat screen monitors in our spacious and comfortable waiting area. We also have fresh, cold spring water for you and your pet to enjoy while you wait.
When it is time for your pet’s exam, one of our technician assistants will escort you into an examination room. We will weigh your pet and our doctors will ask you questions pertaining to your pet’s overall health to capture a detailed health history.
After your pet’s exam, the doctor will administer any vaccinations and/or treatments that are recommended. At the conclusion of your appointment, we can answer your questions and refill your pet’s preventative medicine or other prescriptions recommend by the doctor. For your convenience, our office accepts cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex, Care Credit, and Scratchpay.
Your Pet's First Examination
During your pet’s first examination at Confederate Woods, the doctor will perform a complete head to tail physical examination including:
- Examine your pet’s teeth, throat, and oral cavity
- Check your pet’s vision and examine the eyes
- Examine their ears for infection or ear mites
- Examine their respiratory system
- Assess your pet’s heart function
- Check their lymph nodes
- Inspect their skin for evidence of parasites
- Palpate/feel the organs in their abdomen, including the liver, spleen, intestines, kidneys, and bladder
- Inspect the skin for new growths or developing growths
- Assess your pet’s hair/fur and check for hair loss or matting
- Examine their joints and muscles for pain or arthritis
- Assess your pet’s body weight and body condition
Love my new vets office.- Victoria B.
The most wonderful, caring group of doctors & staff- Eileen M.
You all made their experience a good one!- Kay B.
I highly recommend this place!- John W.
The staff, nurses, and doctors are always so kind.- Laura A.